This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: [PATCH] Scheduling result adjustment to enable macro-fusion
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Wei Mi <wmi at google dot com>
- Cc: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:09:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fwd: [PATCH] Scheduling result adjustment to enable macro-fusion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Wei Mi <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Checking corei7/corei7-avx explicitly isn't a good idea.
>> It is also useful for Ivy Bridge and Haswell. I think you
>> should use a variable to control it, similar to
> Different x86 microarchitectures support macro-fusion for different
> compare and branch combinations. I need to differentiate various x86
> microarchitectures. If use TARGET_FUSE_CMP_AND_BRANCH like vars to
> control it, it requires a bunch of them. That is why I choose to check
Can you use TARGET_FUSE_CMP_AND_BRANCH covers cmp/test
and branch, TARGET_FUSE_ALU_AND_BRANCH covers and/add/sub/inc/dec
> corei7/corei7-avx in that function. I don't add core-avx-i/core-avx2
> for now because I don't have those machines for testing.
Kirill, can we test it on Ivy Bridge and Haswell?