This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch c] Fix target/57848: internal compiler error on builtin and '#pragma GCC target()' option
- From: Mikael Pettersson <mikpe at it dot uu dot se>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:15:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch c] Fix target/57848: internal compiler error on builtin and '#pragma GCC target()' option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEwic4Y5R8+PuwL+m20B1WMfe4J8SJWUzSOsJw5XQkV4OGX-vg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Kai Tietz writes:
> this patch fixes a wrong assumption in c_builtin_function_ext_scope.
> The check for never being called on preexisting symbols (with
> meaning), isn't correct as the turning on of builtins via pragmas
> wasn't considered.
> The following sample demonstrate this issue pretty well (it is reduced
> testcase of failure occuring in i386 intrinsics):
> extern unsigned int __builtin_ia32_crc32si (unsigned int, unsigned int);
> #pragma GCC target("sse4.2")
> To be compiled for 32-bit mode without enabled sse.
> 2013-09-13 Kai Tietz <email@example.com>
> PR target/57484
Typo, please s/57484/57848/ here.
> * c/c-decl.c (c_builtin_function_ext_scope): Remove
> wrong assumption that it is never called on prexisting