This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dump framework newline cleanup
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:21:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: Dump framework newline cleanup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAe5K+V_9wrsNBKN_mVhKihnbKYhxGuqFktbmorh3f6EBn15pg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Teresa Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I've attached a patch that implements the cleanup of newline emission
> by the new dump framework as discussed here:
> Essentially, I have removed the leading newline emission from
> dump_loc, and updated dump_printf_loc invocations to emit a trailing
> newline as necessary. This will remove unnecessary vertical space in
> the dump output.
> I did not do any other cleanup of the existing vectorization messages
> - there are IMO a lot of messages being emitted by the vectorizer
> under MSG_NOTE (and probably MSG_MISSED_OPTIMIZATION) that should only
> be emitted to the dump file under -fdump-tree-... and not emitted
> under -fopt-info-all. The ones that stay under -fopt-info-all need
> some formatting/style cleanup. Leaving that for follow-on work.
> Bootstrapped and tested on x86-64-unknown-linux-gnu. Ok for trunk?
> Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | email@example.com | 408-460-2413