This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Cleanup tree-ssa-uninit.c exports
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:09:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Cleanup tree-ssa-uninit.c exports
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5231C76A dot 8050306 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Andrew MacLeod <email@example.com> wrote:
> It turns out that ssa_undefined_value_p() is also used in tree-complex.c and
> tree-ssa-pre.c. doh.
> That routine is *almost* pass independent... only the last line uses
> 'possibly_undefined_names'. Since the late warning pass initializes and
> then clears that pointer_set when done, those other 2 passes obviously don't
> need that part.
> So I moved the majority of ssa_undefined_value_p() to tree-ssa.c and added
> a new local routine 'has_undefined_value_p()' to tree-ssa-uninit.c. It
> first calls ssa_undefined_value_p() and then does the pass dependent check.
> I also moved the early warning pass stuff from tree-ssa.c into
> tree-ssa-uninit.c where it belongs.
> Now there is nothing exported from tree-ssa-uninit.c, and the one pass
> independent routine is now in tree-ssa.[ch].
> Bootstrapped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. regression testing underway.
> Assuming no regressions, OK?