This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: crash fix for unhanded operation
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:49:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: crash fix for unhanded operation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <44C327AE-2328-4322-B792-61F22DFB1588 at comcast dot net> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309092246190 dot 1301 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <547EC071-FCE3-48EA-852A-FCAF29574F14 at comcast dot net>
On Sep 9, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Mike Stump <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I don't see how it can be appropriate here; my impression
>> is that this code should never fail for any compiler input,
Oh, I might have missed what you meant by this… If so, sorry… The nicest of options would be to generate a libcall for the missing operation… if we do that, then there would be no failure to compile and we can expect the runtime to put the operation in.