This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, powerpc] Rework VSX scalar floating point support
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 23:39:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, powerpc] Rework VSX scalar floating point support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130822185658 dot GA30430 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org>
Why does rs6000_init_hard_regno_mode_ok() include #if 0 code?
Because the patch affects e500, has this patch been tested in an e500
The cover message did not make it clear that you are merging SFmode
and DFmode patterns using mode iterators. That really should have been
a separate patch. We'll proceed with the current form. But, would you
please clarify the ChangeLog entry for rs6000.md to make it clear
exactly which patterns are being deleted instead of listing everything