This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC - Next refactoring steps
- From: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 19:11:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFC - Next refactoring steps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130809223645 dot GA22559 at google dot com> <48A1A20B-1DF2-45A5-9CB6-13CDC6A89A4F at comcast dot net> <cf6d07ba-b8bc-43c2-9f84-e7709ed7730e at email dot android dot com> <5214F775 dot 60702 at redhat dot com> <B962A2B6-233D-4B65-B4BF-CE1B20B0154B at comcast dot net> <52161471 dot 6040408 at redhat dot com> <CAD_=9DTQhKGQHn6KgGJg9bQN9_Ft5DaE3fKJr8OuaALhjQSy+g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc3Tc24A5LExuvOKH_poXqYyJ_GUE8-CbxK1cMnY2VPmUQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <52287FD3 dot 4040204 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc0yGMVohSBVdpboTMeFw229DW3ZFbg_rUqSSWUvu0zFqg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5228A7A7 dot 9070606 at redhat dot com> <CABu31nOMLWyk+T4LBnwPhYjrPVMtCHAtP2Gdqv1g40vgOfLraQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <52290439 dot 4000803 at redhat dot com> <CABu31nPbQAX0iapg1XmW+CUGHiCCETpiZCBi5=BeypHdvsxFJQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 09/05/2013 06:38 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
yeah, coretypes.h wouldn't be a slipperly slope... so in this case it
would be coretype.h which is included not bitmap.h in the header file
On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
Or are you suggesting that coretypes.h is a file we can assume is available?
that seems like a bit of a slippery slope, but we could pick a few. I
prefer it be explicit myself.
coretypes.h is available. Why do you think that's a slippery slope?
The name of this header file already suggests its purpose: Define the
core types - to *avoid* having to include files like bitmap.h if you
really only want "struct bitmap_head; typedef struct bitmap_head