This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch AArch64] Obvious - Fix return types for vaddvq_<su>64
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <James dot Greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:07:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch AArch64] Obvious - Fix return types for vaddvq_<su>64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1378300347-32070-1-git-send-email-james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
On 04/09/13 14:12, James Greenhalgh wrote:
> The vaddvq_s64 and vaddvq_u64 intrinsics are defined to return 32-bit
> types. This is clearly wrong, so fix them to return int64_t and uint64_t
> as expected.
> Regression tested with a run through aarch64.exp and sanity checked.
> OK for trunk?
There's no need to seek approval for really obvious patches like this.
But please remember to post saying what you've done, just in case it
wasn't as obvious as you thought it was... :-)