This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch 4/4] -fstrict-volatile-bitfields cleanup v3: remove from defaults on all targets
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:03:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch 4/4] -fstrict-volatile-bitfields cleanup v3: remove from defaults on all targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB122-W35943644A5D83EC2CAFDB7E4370 at phx dot gbl> <52245D01 dot 1030702 at arm dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309021600390 dot 17654 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAFiYyc0he723Zn7jhpXxZCuhL+=KkmDU5FWHvjDpC4juJcsvvg at mail dot gmail dot com> <DUB122-W24F7F5549EDAC48D8889B0E4310 at phx dot gbl> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309032118460 dot 27960 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <DUB122-W47E9398116D13B0436C57EE4320 at phx dot gbl> <201309041329 dot r84DT2gZ023416 at greed dot delorie dot com> <DUB122-W398CFDD55B9DB6A4C982D2E4320 at phx dot gbl> <201309041355 dot r84Dtgmo024081 at greed dot delorie dot com>
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM, DJ Delorie <email@example.com> wrote:
>> How about this for a compromise: Let's make the default of
>> -fstrict-volatile-bitfields an optional configure argument for gcc
>> 4.9, that can be used for every target, even for X86_64 of you want ?
> I don't care how it's enabled (currently, each target that wants it,
> sets it) as long as a plain "./configure" gives the correct defaults.
> "Don't forget this option or your code won't work" isn't an option.
You mean the C++11 application or the driver? You mean
-fstrict-volatile-bitfields or -fno-strict-volatile-bitfields?
Not to think about C++11 drivers ;)