This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -static-libstdc++ breaks building gdb
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 14:54:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: -static-libstdc++ breaks building gdb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CBD32A0D-4296-49CA-B5A5-6147011AEA84 at comcast dot net>
On Sep 3, 2013, at 2:39 PM, Mike Stump <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I'm on a openSUSE 11.4 system with a:
> gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.5.1 20101208 [gcc-4_5-branch revision 167585]
> host compiler. When I building gdb trunk, I get a failure to build because configure tests g++ to see if these work, but gdb links with gcc and 4.5.1 errors out with the flag. You can't set LDFLAGS, because that is given to gcc, without testing the flag with gcc.
Hum, I was confused by other build errors. I was assuming that the diagnostic:
gcc: unrecognized option '-static-libstdc++'
was necessary to fix to get the link to not fail. I was wrong. It is however, unsightly.