This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Refractor Thompson matcher
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Tim Shen <timshen91 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 01:18:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Refractor Thompson matcher
- References: <CAPrifDmj7BcdDpcJm==v5MtLHnxHzZYCcH9mdywU20P9oU=EpA at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F4E072 dot 9050706 at oracle dot com> <CAPrifDm0fMu1q9mw6PEbqTTvP-oVgckXaqRs+yLwAYwMi3W_2A at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F5202A dot 4050005 at oracle dot com> <CAPrifD=Kxa-nOcBaqmnntqz0Bhn3+4bCT=hikLeJtTq1HwHmRQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F5502B dot 7010304 at oracle dot com> <CAPrifDnCeu0cNf8oE2_jQKpVCkWkWcxLe4amcvY7Ye5YkEgUBw at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F6273D dot 7080102 at oracle dot com> <CAPrifDmQ8Ec48+1C_k8kFRE+VkXg2E73T289ntaq-EzgoQ0-xg at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F7F212 dot 1010509 at oracle dot com> <51F7F44C dot 5000401 at oracle dot com> <ece694fe-fa8d-49f3-8cf4-959271b28697 at email dot android dot com> <CAPrifDkQ=Vbnx9dKe0vf68LS-S60Hs+sE9a-BTMcHYLGmXGQig at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F84652 dot 7010006 at oracle dot com> <CAPrifDnOD5yqVtC=0NzSCeMe0kM8EBs3JkRd9UYG5Wyww5YG+A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 07/31/2013 01:11 AM, Tim Shen wrote:
Earlier, even without bootstrapping you should have noticed that the
library didn't build. It's not about excuses, it's about following a
policy, which, should be obvious now, we are following for a reason: all
posted patches must be boostrapped & tested.
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Paolo Carlini <email@example.com> wrote:
Did you actually bootstrap & test the patch? Because you didn't last time,
I compiled it and run the 28_regex testsuite, nothing wrong happened
because there're all single-file testcases in it;
but I ignored the duplicated definition problem. It'll never happen in
the future. Sorry again.
Please post the complete patch you intend to commit. Part of the GCC
policy is also that all the patches must be posted complete, exactly as
would be committed upon approval.
Please add FIXME comments to all the non-template functions in *.tcc files
(which will be moved to *.cc files). To repeat: the inlines in *.tcc files
must be all and only non-templates, as a temporary hack.