This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: msp430 port
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:51:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: msp430 port
- References: <51E700D1 dot 702 at redhat dot com> <201307192332 dot r6JNW2m8013830 at greed dot delorie dot com> <51F04676 dot 1020305 at redhat dot com> <201307252336 dot r6PNaq1R005227 at greed dot delorie dot com> <51F800FB dot 5000403 at redhat dot com>
> So it's a little unclear to me which patterns you removed. Your message
> has two patterns attached with comments they were to work around reload
> issues. Are these the patterns you removed?
Yes. I was unable to reproduce the reload problems to which those
> First, if you can handle ASHIFT directly in PSImode, that's advantageous
> for address calculations.
Yup, I have patterns for 1 and 2 bit shifts, which are all that really
happen. They look remarkably like your patterns, but use a subreg on
0 instead of a truncate on the expression (again, that's what combine
was looking for, so that's what I put in).