This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Enable non-complex math builtins from C99 for Bionic
- From: Alexander Ivchenko <aivchenk at gmail dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:11:51 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Enable non-complex math builtins from C99 for Bionic
- References: <CACysShg52_ah9oE2SLfb+yVk=eaQd+Z_cKOZTmz-vPfOrqiWrg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc0ed-OhT2_T94NidegWNPzUk5ezWR_9qHd2hedjKWh4Ug at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1211302115430 dot 10739 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CACysShjuePdWP1fDQ+=pbUQYjQDyzu3u1ypLfHsOf8-gjpDo5Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1212191754480 dot 3536 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CACysShhnjtoco63R1BsAPNiD=jB696e-1FOekC0f40YLFk9WrQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1301071615250 dot 23785 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CACysShhz+0gyscs-fkN7evVq1bGCMmgj09n6YQFAriKKn2C+HA at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1307082206160 dot 7307 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CACysShhZkdphnWqy8qaCKotQEp7sYizsGi8ZJ0hg3wBTx7Xenw at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F546A0 dot 2050308 at eagerm dot com> <CACysShhiV4ZPjz7q=pEhPDwy_XOFtawShFS2ktyUtuMbO=s+7Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
Just to confirm that the patch successfully regtested on
2013/7/29 Alexander Ivchenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> 2013/7/28 Michael Eager <email@example.com>:
>> On 07/27/13 15:18, Alexander Ivchenko wrote:
>>> Hi Joseph, thanks for your comments.
>>> I updated the patch:
>>> 2013/7/9 Joseph S. Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>>>> * It looks rather like microblaze*-*-* don't use elfos.h, so meaning
>>>> semantics aren't preserved for those (non-Linux) targets either. Now, I
>>>> don't know if there's a good reason for not using that file (ask the
>>>> architecture maintainer), but in any case semantics should be preserved.
>> I don't know why microblaze does not include elfos.h. It looks like
>> it should, to be consistent with other targets. This would require some
>> cleanup and verification.
>> Your patch adds the following to microblaze.h, duplicating the change
>> to elfos.h:
>> +/* microblaze-unknown-elf target has no support of C99 runtime */
>> +#undef TARGET_LIBC_HAS_FUNCTION
>> +#define TARGET_LIBC_HAS_FUNCTION no_c99_libc_has_function
>> I'm assuming that this means that no other change to microblaze is
>> needed and the question about elfos.h is moot.
> Yes, with this change in my patch the semantics for
> microblaze-unknown-elf is preserved. As for
> microblaze-unknown-linux-gnu case - the
> "linux_android_libc_has_function" version of TARGET_LIBC_HAS_FUNCTION
> from linux.h will be used, so the semantics is preserved as well.