This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, PR 57791] Waste work in gfc_check_pointer_assign()
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: pchang9 at cs dot wisc dot edu
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:09:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Patch, PR 57791] Waste work in gfc_check_pointer_assign()
- References: <572c52f3beb83506456fb925b2478aee dot squirrel at webmail dot cs dot wisc dot edu>
On 07/23/2013 03:42 PM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
The problem appears in revision 201034 in version 4.9. I attached a
one-line patch that fixes it. I also reported this problem
Bootstrap and regression-tested on x86_64-linux.
In method "gfc_check_pointer_assign()" in expr.c, the loop on line
3763 should break immediately after "warn" is set to "true".
2013-07-23 Chang <email@example.com>
* expr.c (gfc_check_pointer_assign): Exit loop after setting warn.