This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Request to merge Undefined Behavior Sanitizer in
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:39:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: Request to merge Undefined Behavior Sanitizer in
- References: <20130725153227 dot GC32538 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1307252236460 dot 24818 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <51F20006 dot 6040705 at redhat dot com> <CA+=Sn1nVMg_3k84mv60qu4jNU1ewpqdCGeAfFrkcF353-Nd46A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:33:46PM -0700, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> What does it mean by "unsigned-integer-overflow"? Unsigned integers
> never overflow.
> Or maybe I misread the documentation here.
Well, clang can sanitize even when unsigned int wraps. But this
feature seems doubtful, I don't think I ever implement it for GCC.