This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ping] Re: [PATCH] Remove old x86 builtins from documentation
- From: Chung-Ju Wu <jasonwucj at gmail dot com>
- To: cameron dot mcinally at nyu dot edu
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:25:01 +0800
- Subject: Re: [ping] Re: [PATCH] Remove old x86 builtins from documentation
- References: <CAKs25gMV3NidfvwVUyomwZEyL8=zHfXbCZ6kGxnwyyoXow_-nw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKs25gM9fgAcv2-XiXVsJL1nomKGceaGE+592Va33b-CctJEaQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
2013/7/17 Cameron McInally <email@example.com>:
> I do realize that patches of this nature are of low priority, but I
> would really like to see it committed to save my users from tripping
> over the docs.
> Thanks again,
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Cameron McInally
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>> I'm a first time patch submitter, please be gentle. It probably goes
>> without saying, but I do not have svn write access.
>> The patch attached is related to PR38836. This patch removes the
>> following x86 builtins from the documentation:
>> __builtin_ia32_cmpnlts *
>> __builtin_ia32_loadsss **
>> * Corrected the spelling of __builtin_ia32_cmpnlts. The suffix should
>> be "ss", not "s".
>> ** Corrected the spelling of __builtin_ia32_loadss. The suffix should
>> be "ss", not "sss".
>> I have run both 'make info' and 'make dvi' also. Although, 'make dvi'
>> appears to be failing with an unrelated issue in doc/libffi.dvi. I am
>> assuming that this is a known failure.
I cannot approve it but I can help cc x86 maintainer. :)