This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, PR 57787] Wasted work in ix86_pad_returns()
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: pchang9 at cs dot wisc dot edu
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:58:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Patch, PR 57787] Wasted work in ix86_pad_returns()
- References: <fef2e86d4047eb516ed58d6be2e300cf dot squirrel at webmail dot cs dot wisc dot edu>
On 07/22/2013 12:01 PM, email@example.com wrote:
The problem appears in revision 201034 in version 4.9. I also reported
this problem at http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=57787.
Bootstrap and regression-tested on x86_64-linux.
In method "ix86_pad_returns()" in i386.c, the loop on line 35723 should
break immediately after "replace" is set to "true".
2013-07-22 Chang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* i386.c (ix86_pad_returns): Exit loop after setting replace.