This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch / RFC] Change DERIVED_FROM_P to use tf_none?!?
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:22:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch / RFC] Change DERIVED_FROM_P to use tf_none?!?
- References: <51ED7013 dot 9040002 at oracle dot com>
(*) Note that, depending on how it's called, the predicate can currently produce errors anyway, for example because it calls complete_type. This may or may not be all there is to c++/57942.
It looks like lookup_base seems to deliberately avoid trying to complete
the base, so the call to complete_type is coming from elsewhere.