This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: testsuite patches (1/14): Request dwarf-2 output where needed
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>
- Cc: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, Janis Johnson <janisjo at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 07:09:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: testsuite patches (1/14): Request dwarf-2 output where needed
- References: <20130720014537 dot splk1w0hwkogkcco-nzlynne at webmail dot spamcop dot net> <20130722050103 dot GA27760 at atmel dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:31:03AM +0530, Senthil Kumar Selvaraj wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 01:45:37AM -0400, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> > Although the gcc.dg/debug/dwarf2/dwarf2.exp generally requests dwarf-2
> > information, so that the test will work with targets that have a different
> > default output format, that doesn't happen where the test specifies specific
> > target options. In that case, we have to specify -gdwarf-2 in the individual
> > test case.
> I ran into this problem a while ago, and after discussion on the
> mailing list, added a -gdwarf option to emit DWARF with the default
> version (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-04/msg00592.html). Might
> be better than hardcoding dwarf-2 IMO.