This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch,cilk-plus,testsuite] Skip int16 and size16 targets (too much FAILs)
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, balaji dot v dot iyer at intel dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:13:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch,cilk-plus,testsuite] Skip int16 and size16 targets (too much FAILs)
- References: <51E7F220 dot 4090308 at gjlay dot de>
On Jul 18, 2013, at 6:48 AM, Georg-Johann Lay <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> running the cilk-plus.exp tests I get ~200 FAILs because the tests are not
> written for 16-bit int or size_t platforms.
> As a quick tentative fix, the cilk-plus tests are skipped on such platforms.
I think this patch is fine. Until such time until cilk can do better, I think this is a fine way to address the issue. The other possible way is to not spin up any support for cilk on such a platform in the first place. noconfigdir is one common way to do this.