This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Call GNU ld with -O*
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:15:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: Call GNU ld with -O*
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1307121633360 dot 28978 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Marc Glisse <email@example.com> wrote:
> this patch makes the driver pass -O2 to GNU ld if gcc was called with -O3
> (or more), -Ofast or -Os.
I don't understand why that is a good idea. The linker -O option is
only distantly related to the compiler -O option. It was probably a
mistake to have a linker -O option at all.