This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: vtables patch 1/3: allow empty array initializations
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: mikestump at comcast dot net, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 18:00:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: vtables patch 1/3: allow empty array initializations
- References: <5177BBB8 dot 1070901 at codesourcery dot com> <201304241510 dot r3OFA4qj010017 at greed dot delorie dot com> <51780D8C dot 4060405 at codesourcery dot com> <201304241914 dot r3OJE1kw016932 at greed dot delorie dot com> <517A5F96 dot 5090804 at codesourcery dot com> <99FB798B-10FD-417C-8570-26BC6C600766 at comcast dot net> <201304282113 dot r3SLDlE3031965 at greed dot delorie dot com> <517D98EF dot 90401 at codesourcery dot com>
For m32c chips, The address space is a flat 24-bit address space.
Address registers are 24 bits (i.e. they cannot hold an SImode) but
size_t is 16 bits originally because there aren't enough 24-bit math
ops and 32-bit math is too expensive. I've tried to use PSImode for
size_t recently (different port) and it just doesn't work, partly
because size_t is defined by a *string* that must match a C type, and
partly because PSImode turns into BLKmode in many cases (not 2**N