This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH, AArch64] Make MOVK output operand 2 in hex
- From: "Ian Bolton" <Ian dot Bolton at arm dot com>
- To: "Marcus Shawcroft" <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:38:31 +0100
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, AArch64] Make MOVK output operand 2 in hex
- References: <5149f042 dot 67eb440a dot 15ee dot 6e87SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN at mx dot google dot com> <CAFqB+PyFAWu_qJ8HGcERz_Xpkba3h39ARCzQ=ouF3ZvUeoFZkQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Since this is a bug fix, I'll need to backport to 4.8.
Is that OK?
> On 20 March 2013 17:21, Ian Bolton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > MOVK should not be generated with a negative immediate, which
> > the assembler rightfully rejects.
> > This patch makes MOVK output its 2nd operand in hex instead.
> > Tested on bare-metal and linux.
> > OK for trunk?
> > Cheers,
> > Ian
> > 2013-03-20 Ian Bolton <email@example.com>
> > gcc/
> > * config/aarch64/aarch64.c (aarch64_print_operand): New
> > format specifier for printing a constant in hex.
> > * config/aarch64/aarch64.md (insv_imm<mode>): Use the X
> > format specifier for printing second operand.
> > testsuite/
> > * gcc.target/aarch64/movk.c: New test.