This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch rfa] Fix PCH test failure when -fdebug-types-section is enabled
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:51:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch rfa] Fix PCH test failure when -fdebug-types-section is enabled
- References: <CAHACq4oDf6cLtLXOMKd2cr1yg+6VJ1udMWJ2jz5VnMgvrwkM7w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc2E6QojAZE0U4v6xJ_UWQ9=xxnYxPn2kiXifd97UtN58A at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Generated code should not depend on actual values of pointers - which
> often happens when you traverse a hashtable hashing pointers. Is this
> what is done here? Then I suggest to hash on something different or
> sort after sth different before outputting.
That was it, thanks! We were emitting type stub DIEs via a hash table
traversal where the address of the DIE was being used as the hash.