This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: vtables patch 1/3: allow empty array initializations
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:51:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: vtables patch 1/3: allow empty array initializations
- References: <5177BBB8 dot 1070901 at codesourcery dot com> <201304241510 dot r3OFA4qj010017 at greed dot delorie dot com>
On 04/24/2013 05:10 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> this isn't true, it would be helpful to know. Given the size_t/uintptr_t
>> testsuite patch I just submitted I'm thinking they don't exist, but I'm
>> kind of wondering about m32c, so Cc'ing DJ.
> For m32c-elf with -mcpu=m32c, size_t is 16 bits but void* is 24 bits.
24 bits stored as three bytes, or four? How does this affect vtable
layout? I would have expected the C++ frontend and libsupc++ to
currently be inconsistent with each other given such a setup.