This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Improve WPA type merging hash performance for LTO
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: hubicka at ucw dot cz
- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 23:31:48 +0200
- Subject: Improve WPA type merging hash performance for LTO
These patches together improve the gimple type merging WPA hash
bottleneck that I'm seeing when building the Linux kernel with LTO.
Mostly it's micro optimization to the hashing, better hash functions,
various tweaks. Individual patches result in 2-4% build time
improvements each and somewhat lower the memory consumption.
In addition I also fixed and improved the broken -flto-report
http://halobates.de/kernel-lto.pdf has some additional information.
Passes bootstrap and test suite on x86_64-linux.