This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, SH] PR target/56995
- From: Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- To: christian dot bruel at st dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:27:34 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, SH] PR target/56995
- References: <516FBB25 dot 8080103 at st dot com>
Christian Bruel <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> So, Just removing DF_HI_REGS seems to fix the issue with strictly same
> performance results for SH4.
> No regressions in the testsuite for
> No performance regression for -m4
The patch is OK.
It seems that your patch does the right thing, though I don't
know the history of DF_HI_REGS at all.
> The consequence of this it that find_costs_and_classes seems to be
> confused when two register classes are strictly equivalent. Is it
> plausible ?
Looks very likely to me.