This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Rename DECL_DEBUG_EXPR_IS_FROM to DECL_HAS_DEBUG_EXPR_P
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:12:48 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Rename DECL_DEBUG_EXPR_IS_FROM to DECL_HAS_DEBUG_EXPR_P
- References: <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1303201356060 dot 3543 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <20130320131035 dot GN12913 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 01:57:40PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> > As discussed previously on IRC this patch does the renaming from
> > the confusing DECL_DEBUG_EXPR_IS_FROM to DECL_HAS_DEBUG_EXPR_P
> > which matches DECL_HAS_VALUE_EXPR_P (and it's behavior).
> Not sure if we actually guarantee that if DECL_HAS_DEBUG_EXPR_P, then
> it has non-NULL DECL_DEBUG_EXPR. I'm worried about copy_node somewhere
> copying a decl together with DECL_HAS_DEBUG_EXPR_P bit, but not adding
> anything into the hash table, or about LTO.
There are uses that do not guard against DECL_DEBUG_EXPR returning
NULL so I thought requiring that when DECL_HAS_DEBUG_EXPR_P is set is
good and consistent.
> Otherwise it looks good.
I'll take that as ok if it ends up working ;)