This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING^5] PR 54805: __gthread_tsd* in vxlib-tls.c
- From: rbmj <rbmj at verizon dot net>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at kugelworks dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:42:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PING^5] PR 54805: __gthread_tsd* in vxlib-tls.c
- References: <5097FE1B dot 6060409 at verizon dot net> <50A30E90 dot 7080704 at verizon dot net> <50B3B47F dot 9010905 at verizon dot net> <50C0B657 dot 2000004 at verizon dot net> <50E8FB30 dot 2010202 at verizon dot net> <50F89FF1 dot 9080107 at verizon dot net> <9B9BDD08-8F90-4073-93D4-659D1FABCDA0 at comcast dot net> <FCA895D0-8ACD-4D92-AF9C-A850C905609B at gmail dot com> <50F9AE31 dot 9040109 at verizon dot net> <7AC2CAB1-8248-4AF5-B49F-9764512E13B6 at gmail dot com> <511C033D dot 9010001 at verizon dot net> <293273AE-7B20-4708-8B91-10BCDA813B17 at gmail dot com> <5147CFA4 dot 4010909 at verizon dot net> <34C52E41-8F68-4398-9D0D-DC1350E810FF at kugelworks dot com>
It looks like this message didn't go through; if you get this multiple
times I apologize. I've been having issues so I don't trust that it
sent correctly :/
On 19-Mar-13 03:04, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
Will commit to trunk once the server is up.
Regarding 4.8, we should've really tried to work it out earlier. If you want to pursue backport to 4.8, please attach the log of PPA system rejecting the package
The error is:
Finished at 20130318-0642
Build needed 00:14:20, 804796k disk space
Function `__gthread_get_tsd_data' implicitly converted to pointer at
Our automated build log filter detected the problem(s) above that will
likely cause your package to segfault on architectures where the size of
a pointer is greater than the size of an integer, such as ia64 and amd64.
This is often due to a missing function prototype definition.
Since use of implicitly converted pointers is always fatal to the
on ia64, they are errors. Please correct them for your next upload.
This problem does not apply on the target (powerpc-wrs-vxworks), where
sizeof(int*) == sizeof(int(*)()) == sizeof(int) == 4. However, the
build system's filters are too stupid to realize this. Because the
warning is spurious really the fact that the automated build system
rejects the package is a bug on the build system's part. However, doing
it the Right Way is so _easy_...
(fwiw, I don't quite understand which launchpad you are referring to).
I am referring to https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas
Thanks for your help.