This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH RFC] Finer grained reg classes.
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, rth at twiddle dot net
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:31:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC] Finer grained reg classes.
- References: <20130319 dot 113349 dot 779301153261368350 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <CAKOQZ8z1gtyMowAu--nXkU83imQRL=M0rA3Hr4hdbONNXRE2sg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 03/19/2013 11:58 AM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Likewise. I've certainly worked on ports where this would have been
helpful in the past.
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM, David Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
So this patch tries to rework the semantics of hard register classes,
such that if a hard register is present in the set it is implied that
the rest of the registers in a multi-register group are present as
well. So we can add a register class called EVEN_REGS and only have
to set the even register bits.
I haven't really looked at your patch, but I just want to say that I
think this is the right way to go.