This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH RFC] Finer grained reg classes.
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, rth at twiddle dot net
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:58:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC] Finer grained reg classes.
- References: <20130319 dot 113349 dot 779301153261368350 dot davem at davemloft dot net>
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM, David Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> So this patch tries to rework the semantics of hard register classes,
> such that if a hard register is present in the set it is implied that
> the rest of the registers in a multi-register group are present as
> well. So we can add a register class called EVEN_REGS and only have
> to set the even register bits.
I haven't really looked at your patch, but I just want to say that I
think this is the right way to go.