This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Cilkplus] Build Cilk Runtime for non x86.
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: "Iyer, Balaji V" <balaji dot v dot iyer at intel dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:39:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Cilkplus] Build Cilk Runtime for non x86.
- References: <BF230D13CA30DD48930C31D40993300016D79982@FMSMSX102.amr.corp.intel.com>
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Iyer, Balaji V <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> This attached patch is for the Cilk Plus branch affecting the Cilk Runtime. This patch should potentially allow the Cilk runtime library build for non-x86 targets. We have tested this on ARM (trimslice machine) and it seem to work on our test case. We encourage all the GCC target developers to help us expand Cilk on other targets.
Only comment I have is:
+ x = __sync_lock_test_and_set(ptr, x);
Use the __atomic builtins instead. This allows for better control of
what memory barriers are wanted here.