This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] track heap usage with -fmem-report
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 14:20:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] track heap usage with -fmem-report
- References: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 01:59:31PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> This hacky patch tracks per-pass heap usage with -fmem-report
> using glibc malloc hooks (which are deprecated!? eh ... I can
> see no replacement?)
The "replacement" is that we should intercept the malloc calls
instead (as those always use PLT).