This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Simplify -fwhole-program documentation
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:08:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Simplify -fwhole-program documentation
- References: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
> This removes all encouragement to use -fwhole-program with -flto
> from the documentation. As can be seen in PR56533 it can be
> most confusing ... instead advise to rely on a linker plugin.
Seems resomable thing to do. However I guess a lot of users are still
have non-linker-plugin enabled setup. Perhaps we can add a sentence how
to figure out if your setup is plugin enabled and thus working well