This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid extending lifetime of likely spilled hard regs in ifcvt before reload (PR rtl-optimization/56484)
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 09:40:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid extending lifetime of likely spilled hard regs in ifcvt before reload (PR rtl-optimization/56484)
- References: <20130305162646.GJ12913@tucnak.redhat.com>
On 03/05/2013 09:26 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Without this patch, ifcvt extends lifetime of %eax hard register,
which causes reload/LRA ICE later on. Combiner and other passes try hard
not to do that, even ifcvt has code for it if x is a hard register a few
lines below it, but in this case the hard register is SET_SRC (set_b).
With this patch we just use the pseudo (x) which has been initialized
from the hard register before the conditional.
Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux and i686-linux, ok for trunk?
2013-03-05 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
* ifcvt.c (noce_process_if_block): Before reload if else_bb
is NULL, avoid extending lifetimes of hard registers in
likely to spilled or small register classes.