This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: more distributions
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at gmail dot com>
- To: Edward Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>
- Cc: "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 22:56:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: more distributions
- References: <14526701.1831892.1362178510389.JavaMail.root@vznit170134>
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM, <email@example.com> wrote:
> I was looking at a paper: Modeling Data using Directional Distributions by Inderjit S. Dhillon and Suvrit Sra that looks
> like it would be very similar to your multi-variate normal distribution. These generalize von Mises to higher dimension.
> Is this your next target?
von Mises-Fisher? I might indeed look at it. The relationship to the
MV Normal distribution is only marginal, though. MV Normal is not a
I have a whole bunch of optimization patches which aren't quite done
yet. I might pick those up first again.