This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada] fix -feliminate-unused-debug-types counter-measure
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:56:26 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [Ada] fix -feliminate-unused-debug-types counter-measure
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> -feliminate-unused-debug-types will be enabled for Ada as well in GCC 4.7 and
> we have implemented a counter-measure to be able to retain apparently unused
> types in a few specific cases. But it was inadvertently broken some time ago.
> Fixed thusly, tested on i586-suse-linux, applied on the mainline.
> I'd like to also apply the following patch:
> which fixes debug info regressions introduced by the simultaneous introduction
> of DW_AT_GNAT_descriptive_type and -feliminate-unused-debug-types in Ada. It
> only affects the Ada compiler since only GNAT uses DW_AT_GNAT_descriptive_type
> and sets TYPE_ARTIFICIAL on its types. OK?
> 2012-02-29 Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
> * gcc-interface/utils.c (gnat_write_global_declarations): Make sure the
> dummy global built for global types is preserved.
Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
SUSE / SUSE Labs
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nuernberg - AG Nuernberg - HRB 16746
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer