This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] fix PR48299 by merging changes for thread_leak_test.c from upstream
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Patrick Marlier <patrick dot marlier at gmail dot com>, Iain Sandoe <iains at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Han dot Boehm at hp dot com, Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, Bryce McKinlay <mckinlay at redhat dot com>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:01:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix PR48299 by merging changes for thread_leak_test.c from upstream
- References: <20120227164127.GA30684@bromo.med.uc.edu> <EF29EDAE-5F00-49D2-B20A-23AC037B4720@comcast.net>
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:07:20AM -0800, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2012, at 8:41 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
> > Currently the testsuite/boehm-gc.c/thread_leak_test.c executation test
> > will hang on several targets including x86_64-apple-darwin10/11 for -m32/-m64.
> > The attached patch eliminates this issue, PR48299, by merging in the
> > upstream changes for this testcase from...
> > Index: testsuite/boehm-gc.c/thread_leak_test.c
> So, ideally, I'd like to have Bryce or Tom review this change or at least the methodology, if they are still working in this area.
Since this is just a testsuite issue in boehm-gc, wouldn't this be Hans' call? I would definitely
like to get this fixed in gcc 4.7 so that the boehm-gc testsuite doesn't suffer timeouts. Also note
that gcc 4.7 is the first release which seems to report boehm-gc testresults.