This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 52199 on power7 (VEC_DUPLICATE)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:26:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 52199 on power7 (VEC_DUPLICATE)
- References: <20120215183258.GA24438@ibm-tiger.the-meissners.org>
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Michael Meissner
> This patch fixes PR 52199, which shows up on power7 systems when the compiler
> is vectorizing DImode operations, and the vector duplicate code was not
> prepared to accept CONST and SYMBOL_REF's.
> I have done a bootstrap and make compare, and there were no regressions. ?Is
> this ok to install? ?I will also back port the change to 4.6, since the exact
> same code is in that revision as well.