This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,AVR] Add xmega support
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Eric Weddington <eric dot weddington at atmel dot com>, Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>, Anatoly Sokolov <aesok at post dot ru>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:39:31 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch,AVR] Add xmega support
- References: <4F3AAD5D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/14/2012 10:52 AM, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
> It might be easier for the compiler if crucial SFRs are not modelled by
> MEM but as REG instead, but for that change I don't know enough
> about debugging formats and impact on gdb.
> Maybe Richard can comment on that?
It's almost certainly going to be easier for the compiler to model
the cpu internal registers as registers. The fact that they're
actually accessed via memory-map is implementation detail that
should almost certainly *not* be exposed.
Dunno what to do about gdb. Probably update the cpu model in a