This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR middle-end/52142: disallow inlining of certain TM_pure functions
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:43:43 -0800
- Subject: Re: PR middle-end/52142: disallow inlining of certain TM_pure functions
- References: <4F3AA21A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 02/14/2012 10:39 AM, Torvald Riegel wrote:
> Will it inline transaction_pure into transaction_callable too? That
> would not be good if we actually instrument the transaction_callable.
No, it restricts pure into pure and into nothing else.
> Inlining transaction_pure into completely nontransactional code is fine
We don't know what is in fact "nontransactional code" until we've examined
the entire call graph. And as far as the information available at the spot
that Aldy is patching, we don't have all the call graph info anyway.