This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Reserve upper bits of memory model for future use
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:28:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Reserve upper bits of memory model for future use
- References: <4F3A8A9E.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:23:58AM -0500, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> This patch just modifies the documention to indicate that the upper
> bits of the memory model parameter are reserved for future use.
> (We're already looking at using it for HLE hints)
> I've already made a change on the wiki page.
> Ok for mainline?
Looks good to me, but would like Richard to chime in too.
BTW, I wonder if we shouldn't error out on
foo (int *p)
return __atomic_fetch_add (p, 4, __ATOMIC_SEQ_CST | 0x123400);
(currently we just warn).