This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, alpha]: Default to full IEEE compliance mode for Go language.
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com
- Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 16:06:20 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, alpha]: Default to full IEEE compliance mode for Go language.
- References: <CAFULd4YMDc6rrdGJGD-2nScjR75giKiyryJXhBBoQ27oE2VH+A@mail.gmail.com> <4F25AED1.email@example.com> <4F25E370.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, Robert Dewar wrote:
>>> * config/alpha/alpha.c (alpha_option_overrride): Default to
>>> full IEEE compliance mode for Go language.
> It's always worrisome for gcc based languages to default to horrible
> performance, it means that many benchmarks will be run only with this
> horrible performance.
Yes, but this is alpha-specific, and I don't think relevant benchmarks
are still done on that platform. ;-)