This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Don't use pending_sizes list for C
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mikestump at comcast dot net, stanshebs at earthlink dot net
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 23:31:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: Don't use pending_sizes list for C
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Following recent discussions of variable_size, this patch stops the C
> front end from using the global pending_sizes list, instead using the
> existing grokdeclarator support for tracking size expressions in the
> one case where pending sizes were still needed. c_variable_size is
> replaced by a call to save_expr.
Thanks for doing this.
> It way well be possible after this patch to eliminate the pending_sizes list
> and associated functions and the dont_save_pending_sizes_p field, but I
> don't plan to work on that.
The corresponding patch has been written and tested on top of yours. The next
step will be to clean up things related to global_bindings_p.