This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:51:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: 0005-Switch-Core-2-to-new-tuning
- References: <4CBD7F43.email@example.com> <159AA491-9386-49D7-8E05-11A7CFB624E1@codesourcery.com>
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch switches Core 2 to "new" tuning that Core i7 uses.
> The "new" tuning very much resembles tuning for generic32 and generic64 CPUs. ?Generic tuning appears to provide best performance results on Core 2/i7 hardware.
> OK for trunk?
Can you please summarize SPEC2k, SPEC2k6 and Polyhedron results for
patched and unpatched gcc?