This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ada] don't overflow version string max length
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:19:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Ada] don't overflow version string max length
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> This patch bumps up the maximum version length, to account for the
> possibility of longer branch names, and truncates the copying at the
> reserved length.
> Regstrapping now (already past the earlier build error, and the version
> string looks good). Ok to install?
The gnatvsn.adb change certainly is fine.
I'm not very happy with bumping Ver_Len_Max again, but I guess this is OK
> for gcc/ada/ChangeLog
> from Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com>
> * gnatvsn.adb (Gnat_Version_String): Don't overrun Ver_Len_Max.
> * gnatvsn.ads (Ver_Len_Max): Bump up to 256.
> * g-comver.adb (Ver_Len_Max): Likewise.