This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch] Fix gnat.dg/aliasing2.adb regression
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:24:06 +0100
- Subject: [patch] Fix gnat.dg/aliasing2.adb regression
The test doesn't pass anymore because the flag TYPE_NONALIASED_COMPONENT isn't
effective anymore in Ada. It technically still works but all array types are
now given alias set 0 in Ada; this is because all unconstrained array types
are now TYPE_STRUCTURAL_EQUALITY_P, as their index type also is.
The latter setting was changed when build_range_type and build_index_type were
merged; the former didn't set TYPE_STRUCTURAL_EQUALITY_P, the latter did.
I don't think we need to set TYPE_STRUCTURAL_EQUALITY_P on range types with
self-referential bounds as they cannot be merged in any case. This is enough
to fix the regression.
LTO-bootstrapped/regested on x86_64-suse-linux, OK for the mainline?
2010-11-29 Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
* tree.c (build_range_type_1): Do not set TYPE_STRUCTURAL_EQUALITY_P
because of self-referential bounds.
--- tree.c (revision 167201)
+++ tree.c (working copy)
@@ -7110,9 +7110,11 @@ build_range_type_1 (tree type, tree lowv
TYPE_USER_ALIGN (itype) = TYPE_USER_ALIGN (type);
if ((TYPE_MIN_VALUE (itype)
- && TREE_CODE (TYPE_MIN_VALUE (itype)) != INTEGER_CST)
+ && TREE_CODE (TYPE_MIN_VALUE (itype)) != INTEGER_CST
+ && !CONTAINS_PLACEHOLDER_P (TYPE_MIN_VALUE (itype)))
|| (TYPE_MAX_VALUE (itype)
- && TREE_CODE (TYPE_MAX_VALUE (itype)) != INTEGER_CST))
+ && TREE_CODE (TYPE_MAX_VALUE (itype)) != INTEGER_CST
+ && !CONTAINS_PLACEHOLDER_P (TYPE_MAX_VALUE (itype))))
/* Since we cannot reliably merge this type, we need to compare it using
structural equality checks. */