This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Tweaks to RTL locus preservation code (2)
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:40:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: Tweaks to RTL locus preservation code (2)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 12:37 AM, Eric Botcazou <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Another couple of small tweaks to the code introduced by Jakub to preserve
> location info at -O0, this time to fixup_reorder_chain. ?The first change
> makes it so that the code doesn't try to split non-fallthru edges to the exit
> block (this can happen with unusual combinations of options) and the second
> one avoids creating several artificial basic blocks because of the same locus
> on different edges.
> Tested (GCC + GDB) on x86_64-suse-linux, applied on the mainline.
> 2010-10-24 ?Eric Botcazou ?<email@example.com>
> ? ? ? ?* cfglayout.c (fixup_reorder_chain): When ensuring that there is at
> ? ? ? ?least one insn with a locus corresponding to an edge's goto_locus,
> ? ? ? ?disregard non-fallthru edges to the exit block and merge the blocks
> ? ? ? ?created for the same goto_locus.