This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: PR target/46179: fix for TLS code gen. on 680x0
- From: Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd dot de>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: Finn Thain <fthain at telegraphics dot com dot au>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:31:46 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR target/46179: fix for TLS code gen. on 680x0
- References: <alpine.OSX.2.00.1011051201300.277@localhost> <email@example.com>
Andreas Schwab dixit:
>Did you get ahead with the testing?
I donât have any âreal hardwareâ, but Iâve three-stage-bootstrapped
two gcc-4.4 packages and used them for compiling a lot of software
afterwards, so they âshouldâ be fine. (Fitting, today I put a new
eMail signature, which here applies.)
The gcc-4.4 package with this patch is actually in stock unstable
now, so testing (for someone with the hardware) probably amounts
to simply recompiling. (Kernel and eglibc are in unreleased, though.)
Or, use another distro.
20:54â<SvenG:#grml> dmaphy: remember: "In theory there's no difference
â between theory and practice, but in practice..."