This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Review of --enable-gold=both patch
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:09:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: Review of --enable-gold=both patch
- References: <4C27E695.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C286200.email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C2886C7.email@example.com> <4C28CA2A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C28CE9C.email@example.com> <4C28D9F1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CC83135.email@example.com> <4CCA91ED.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CCAE033.email@example.com> <4CCAE45F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CDB3413.email@example.com> <4CEBB272.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CEBC0F4.email@example.com>
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Matthias Klose <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 23.11.2010 13:24, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Hi Matthias,
>> [Sorry about the delay in replying - I am in a bit of a muddle right now].
>>> The attached patch implements this proposal, tested the combinations
>>> above, and disabling ld without gold (leading to an error).
>>> I did choose to always install the bfd linker as ld.bfd and the gold
>>> linker as ld.gold, and pointing the link to one of the above.
>>> Nick, is this ok with you?
>> Yes, it is fine. Thanks for doing this.
> checked in in gcc as r167076. ?Nick, Tristan, could you check it into
> binutils trunk and branch?
Binutils is broken now: